Before you can use an opt-in on your blog posts or in a widget area with EBB, you have to upload the opt-in details to your WordPress dashboard. It’s quick and painless, and you only need to do it once for each opt-in you’d like to add to your site. Bye-bye, having to copy and paste the same opt-in code all over your site!
To add an opt-in to your site:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- In the lefthand menu, click EBB Opt-ins.
- Click the “Add New” button next to the “EBB Opt-ins” page title, or click the “Add New” link in the lefthand menu underneath EBB Opt-ins.
- Fill in the details for your opt-in:
- Title – This will become your opt-in title; the title should be entered in the same place where you’d normally enter a new post title.
- Opt-in content – This will become your opt-in description; the description should be entered in the same place where you’d normally put the main content of a new blog post.
- Opt-in embed code – This is the actual “opt-in” part of your opt-in; for most people, this will be an embed code from your email marketing service provider.
- Opt-in fine print – This becomes the fine print part of your opt-in. This would be a great place to put a disclosure that people who submit your opt-in form will be subscribed to your mailing list or a promise that you won’t share your users’ private information with anyone else.
- Featured image – This will become your opt-in featured image; you should set it in the same way you’d set a featured image for a new blog post.
- Publish/update your opt-in.
It’s that simple! Now, you can use this opt-in across your site in widget areas or in blog posts.Back to documentation