Global & Default Settings
To access EBB’s settings page:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- In the lefthand menu, click “Easier Business Blogging” under Settings.
Global settings for EBB Pinterest:
- Autopinning of hidden images should: – This setting ONLY applies when autopinning of hidden Pinterest images is turned on. If autopinning is turned off, it will have no effect. It controls which of the images in your post are able to be pinned by readers.
- Happen on non-vertical (square or horizontal) images ONLY – This option allows readers to pin any vertical images in your post without redirecting them to pin your hidden image. If readers try to pin a square or horizontal image, they will be redirected to pin your hidden image.
- Happen on ALL images, regardless of orientation – This option does not allow readers to pin any of the images in your blog post other than your hidden Pinterest image. If you want to make sure that all readers pinning your blog posts use only the hidden image you have set, select this option.
Default settings for EBB Pinterest:
- Autopin hidden images by default? – If you’d like to control which images your readers can pin, consider turning this setting on. When turned on, this setting prevents readers from pinning certain images on your blog, instead redirecting them to pin your hidden Pinterest image.
To access EBB Pinterest settings for an individual post, open that post’s edit page and find the “Pinterest – Easier Business Blogging” meta box (below the main editing panel where you enter your post content).
There are two settings you can configure per-post:
- Hidden pinnable image – This is the image you want to hide in your blog post, but make visible to Pinterest.
- Auto-pin hidden image – This setting is the same as the default setting: it prevents readers from pinning certain images included in your post content and redirects them to pin your hidden pinnable image when turned on. You can use this switch to override your blog’s default auto-pin behavior for certain posts only.